whitewash

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Cookie Exchange and Kelleigh Bread

My friend hosted a mother/daughter cookie exchange just before Christmas. We were to bring 7 dozen cookies, six for exchanging and one dozen to share while we were there. I made the candy covered oreos which are so easy to do but a bit time consuming because you have to let them harden. And since you use a mold, you can't make them all at once. I just love how they turn out and it makes me look like I know how to bake.

We make Banana Bread quite often and we actually call it Kelleigh Bread. Grandma Brill renamed it because Kelleigh loved it so much when she was little. Every time she went to Camp Grandma's she would ask for Grandma's special bread. I found a recipe that I really like because it is so simple. My husband offered to help me one day when I was having friends over so I put him in charge of the Banana Bread. He added a secret ingredient and it made all the difference in the texture and taste of the bread. Now he is in charge of making Kelleigh Bread. It turns out perfect and slices very nicely.

My friend Ellyn and I made candy sleighs for a few friends. I decided since they were so cute that my girls were going to give them out as gifts. At first they were not too sure but then once they saw them, it was all good. They were super easy to make and using a little hot glue was the trick needed to keep them together.

Here are some other fun cookie pictures from the exchange...









This cold and rainy day makes me want to stay home and bake. I had already planned to hit a couple of craft stores and the book store so I am sticking to my schedule.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

What yummy looking goodies! I want to stay home & bake today, too, but I have to head out in a few minutes for jury duty! :<(

Jill Lenz said...

What is the recipe for Kelleigh Bread with the secret ingredient? I have been looking for a good banana bread recipe.

Sewjoe said...

Jill, we use this recipe http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/banana_bread/ and use bread flour instead of regular flour. So easy and yummy.

Terri said...

Wow! all those gorgeous and yummy looking cookies, it's amazing I have remembered my question! So what is the secret ingredient in the banana bread recipe... inquiring minds would like to know!
Hugs

Anonymous said...

very yummy
legal process outsourcing