whitewash

Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Quilt Asylum - Doll Quilt Swap

Our last swap at The Quilt Asylum was earlier this month. We had to make a "doll" (mini)quilt and it had to have circles in it somehow. Whether that would be in the fabric, design, or shape. I am always impressed with what others come up with.

I made three different ones before I decided on mine. I really decided it was best to keep it simple so my circles were in the shape of the sun, coconuts, and in the design of the fabric.

Kathleen did an amazing job with lots of beading. What beautiful colors, too!!

LaDonna was inspired by the current BOM by Quilt Soup.

I love that Juanita used the circles off the edges of fabric. What a fun modern doll quilt.

Yo-Yo's definitely fit the circle criteria.

Sherry made two using fabric with circles.


Ellyn used this beautiful fabric line...of course, anything with gray is wonderful to me.

This one is so cute! I think it has a bit of Australian flare to it.

Sarah did a bull's eye type quilt that I really want to make some day.
Our next swap is a tote bag and then I think we are doing Christmas ornaments. It really is a great way to keep motivated to sew. It also makes you think about what others would like.

No comments: